How To Pack and Ship Your Collectibles
Sending via registered mail is one of the most secure methods of shipping your valuables. With this service, you can purchase up to $50,000 worth of insurance. As with any form of shipping, there are a few guidelines we recommend you follow.
- Securely pack your material inside the box. Make sure
your items cannot move around. Remember that the package
can encounter very rough treatment during shipping. The
more packaging material between the coins and box the better.
- Place this box inside of another box. Once again use
plenty of packaging material (bubble wrap, packing peanuts etc.).
You want the box to be completely surrounded by the packing
material you use.
- Per USPS guidelines, you must cover every seam on the box
with craft paper tape. We recommend the fiberglass reinforced
paper tape. You cannot use regular plastic tape.
- Address the package and affix the proper labels from the
post office. Label the package in a manner that does not
indicate that there is value inside. Do not use words such
"collectibles", "rare coins", or "fine art".
- Take the package to the post office and get the forms for
registered mail. Purchase enough insurance to cover the
value of your shipment. You can insure a shipment worth up
to $50,000. If your package is worth more than that amount, you
must send multiple packages.
- The window clerk will give you a receipt for the package.
This receipt should have a round stamp that details when
the package was accepted and which station accepted it.
If something happens to the package, this information is
Opens about 12/18/2018
Opens about 01/02/2019
Opens about 12/27/2018
Opens about 12/26/2018
Opens about 01/09/2019
Jewelry & Timepieces
Opens about 12/24/2018
Opens about 01/16/2019
Opens about 01/02/2019
Opens about 01/11/2019
Opens about 01/23/2019
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
This experience felt like an alliance with friends who happen to be professionals. I worked with a very special group.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)