Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - April 10, 2019
Candy Spelling Collection Shines in Heritage Auctions’ Spring Luxury AuctionSale includes Hermès So Black Handbags by Jean Paul Gaultier
"Collaboration pieces are extremely popular right now with collectors of all levels," Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D'Amato said, "and any time you can offer collections from someone like Candy Spelling, that represents a rare opportunity that serious collectors can not pass up."
The cover lot of the auction's catalog is an Hermès Shiny Rose Scheherazade Alligator Cinhetic d'Hermès Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $20,000-30,000). With protective plastic intact on all four feet, the bag is done in Shiny Rose Scheherazade Alligator with Palladium hardware, and includes a top handle, a long chain strap, a rear exterior slip pocket and a foldover top with Cinhetic d'Hermès twist closure.
The Hermès Shiny Rose Scheherazade bag is included in a collection of handbags in the auction consigned by Spelling. Other top lots from the Candy Spelling collection include, but are not limited to:
· A Chanel Limited Edition Black Plexiglass Perfume Bottle Bag (estimate: $10,000-15,000), done in black plexiglass with gold hardware with a long chain strap and a pushlock closure and designed to look like one of the brand's iconic perfume bottles.
· A Chanel Limited Edition Dark Blue Quilted Patent Leather "Mobile Art by Karl Lagerfeld" Jumbo Single Flap Bag with Silver Hardware (estimate: $6,000-8,000), created by iconic designer Karl Lagerfeld to commemorate Chanel's Mobile 2008 campaign. The bag is done in dark blue quilted patent leather with silver hardware, with an interior done in metallic silver lambskin leather and a flap top, the interior of which is inscribed and signed "Mobile Art, New York, 2008."
· A Gucci Limited Edition Green Python Sylvie Top Handle Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $6,000-8,000), created exclusively by Gucci for Europe in green python with gold hardware, with a top handle and a flap top with a hinge closure. The interior is in light beige suede, and includes a zip pocket and two slip pockets.
The collaboration works represent a chance for elite artists to combine their talents and artistic styles while creating one-of-a-kind items. Among the top collaboration pieces in the auction:
An Hermès for John Lobb Polished Beech Wood Shoe Trunk (estimate: $12,000-15,000) is done in polished Beech Wood and Vache Naturelle Leather, with two side handles, brass hardware and 27 interior compartments for shoes.
A Christian Dior x David Wiseman Limited Edition Medium Lady Dior Bag (estimate: $8,000-10,000) is done in light taupe lambskin leather with brass hardware, featuring silver embroidery. It includes two top handles, a zip closure, a removable shoulder strap with brass accents, a Dior charm and white porcelain and brass lily-of-the-valley charm.
A Louis Vuitton x Karl Lagerfeld Limited Edition "Celebrating Monogram" Boxing Glove Set (estimate: $6,000-8,000) includes a pair of monogram-coated canvas boxing gloves, a zippered carrying case with two top handles and a brown coated rubber mat. The carrying case includes a luggage tag, a lock and two keys.
Also featured in the auction, which includes nearly 500 lots, are two Hermès So Black handbags by legendary designer Jean Paul Gaultier:
An Hermès Limited Edition So Black Calf Box Leather Kelly Cut Clutch Bag with PVD Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000) is a clutch done in Black Calf Box Leather with PVD hardware, with a top handle and a flap top with a turnlock closure. The interior, in Black Chevre leather, includes a slip pocket.
Auction highlights also include a selection of Hermès Crocodile Kelly Cut Clutch bags, including:
· An Hermès Shiny Blue Electric Niloticus Crocodile Kelly Cut Clutch Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
· An Hermès Shiny Bordeaux Niloticus Crocodile Kelly Cut Clutch Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
· An Hermès Shiny Aubergine Porosus Crocodile Kelly Cut Clutch with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
The auction includes an exceptional array of 89 lots from Chanel, including:
· A Chanel Shiny Purple Crocodile Maxi Double Flap Bag with Silver Hardware (estimate: $18,000-22,000), done in purple crocodile with silver hardware, and including a long woven chain strap, a rear slide pocket and a flap top with a CC turnlock closure.
· Another unique design: a Chanel Plexiglass "Dubai by Night" Jerrycan Bag (estimate: $10,000-14,000), from Chanel's 2015 Cruise Collection, done in clear plexiglass with gold hardware, with a long woven chain strap and a hinge closure.
Other top lots include, but are not limited to:
· A Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Black & White Alligator "Tribal Print" City Steamer PM Bag (estimate: $20,000-26,000)
· An Hermès Limited Edition 35cm Black Swift Leather & Toile De Camp Dechainee Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $16,000-20,000)
· An Hermès Shiny Graphite Alligator Lyn Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $6,000-8,000)
· A Louis Vuitton x Karl Lagerfeld Limited Edition "Celebrating Monogram" Boxing Glove Set (estimate: $6,000-8,000)
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I have found my experience with Heritage to be honest, straightforward and very businesslike.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)