Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - April 26, 2019
Hall of Fame Uniforms, Championship Rings and The Enos Slaughter Collection Anchor Heritage Sports Collectibles AuctionRoy Campanella's 1956 Dodgers jersey and Patriots Super Bowl LI ring expected to garner top results
DOWNLOAD DIGITAL PRESS KIT
The auction event may draw more than $4 million in bids and the beloved backstop of the Brooklyn Bums is positioned to notch the top result in the sale: Roy Campanella's 1956 home white flannel jersey likely to surpass its $100,000-up pre-auction estimate.
The largest Super Bowl ring ever designed — issued to members of the 2016 New England Patriots — bears a pre-auction estimate of $60,000-up. It is the first of its kind to see the hobby's auction block.
Hall of Fame outfielder Enos Slaughter, best remembered for scoring the winning run in the 1946 World Series with his legendary "Mad Dash," supplies over 200 lots for consideration, each accompanied by a letter of provenance from his family. Best in the grouping are rings issued for his 1985 Hall of Fame induction and a replacement for his lost 1946 World Championship model.
Important game worn jerseys include specimens from the lockers of Warren Spahn, Dick Butkus, Lance Alworth, Sonny Jurgensen and Guy LaFleur. Modern examples include the jersey worn by Colin Kaepernick for his first NFL regular season appearance, and the very last ever worn by unanimous 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Mariano Rivera before his retirement.
Championship rings include player models from the 1994 San Francisco 49ers, the 2013 Seattle Seahawks and every World Series ring of the New York Yankees issued between 1996 and 2009.
Other highlights include:
• A mid-1960's Paul Hornung game worn Green Bay Packers jersey, MEARS A10 (est. $40,000-up)
• A 1921-32 Babe Ruth world series home run games ticket stub complete run (9), PSA Authentic ($40,000-up)
• A 1994 San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl XXIX Championship Ring, Presented to Eric Davis from The Eric Davis Collection ($30,000-up)
• A 1940's Babe Ruth single signed baseball, Beckett Auto 8 ($30,000-up)
• A 1969 Willie Mays game worn and signed San Francisco giants cap, attributed to 600th home run game ($15,000-up)
• A 1966 Mickey Mantle game used bat, PSA/DNA GU 9 ($30,000-up)
• The finest known 1939 Green Bay Packers team signed football (est. $15,000-up)
• A 1980's Arnold Palmer match used set of irons with signed pin flag (est. $10,000-up)
• "Love, Muhammad Ali, 1974," written by the Greatest himself on a pair of training worn and signed boxing gloves (est. $8,000-up)
• A photo matched 2016-17 Giannis Antetokounmpo game worn Milwaukee Bucks jersey ($6,000-up)
Heritage Auctions' Spring Sports Memorabilia Catalog Auction, No. 50013, is open for bidding and will close in extended bidding format at 10 p.m. CT, May 17.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Eric Bradley, Director, Public Relations
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I just wanted to again thank you and all the wonderful people at Heritage that have provided me assistance during my experience with Heritage Auctions.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)