Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - June 24, 2019
Heritage Auctions Presenting The David Hall T206 Collection in a Series of Catalog Auctions in 2019 and BeyondCollection of more than 5,000 T206 cards represents the most comprehensive ever assembled.
The uniquely tailored marketing campaign for the equally unique collection includes a nationwide tour to Heritage's New York, Chicago and Beverly Hills offices, and then to sale on the industry's most heavily-trafficked website, HA.com.
Hall's T206 card collection holds the hobby's Holy Grails: Honus Wagner, Eddie Plank, Polar Bear Bill O'Hara (St. Louis) and ultra-rare variations, such as Ty Cobb with Cobb back, Ty Cobb Red Hindu and the only near-complete Sovereign set ever assembled.
"There's probably no single figure on the planet who has done more for my profession than David Hall," explained Chris Ivy, Director of Heritage Sports. "It's hard to imagine the sports collectibles industry without the authentication and grading structures Hall innovated. Every collector who has ever earned a dollar in this business owes him a debt of gratitude."
Hall's own passionate and deep research into the T206 issue has been essential for hobby scholarship. His work uncovered census data for players and advertising back combinations as well as previously unknown variations that are expected to garner record prices. His research has identified and helped lead to the acquisition of more than 5,000 different player/back combinations – a record that will likely stand for eternity long after the collection finds new owners during these high-profile auctions.
Highlights from Part 1 of the David Hall T206 Collection include:
· 1909-11 T206 Sweet Caporal Eddie Plank PSA VG 3
· 1909-11 T206 Broad Leaf 460 Walter Johnson (Hands At Chest) PSA VG-EX+ 4.5 - The Only PSA Graded Example
· 1909-11 T206 Lenox-Black Ty Cobb (Red Portrait) PSA VG-EX 4
· 1909-11 T206 Hindu-Red Ty Cobb (Red Portrait) PSA VG-EX 4 - One of Only Six Known
· 1909-11 T206 Drum Walter Johnson (Hands At Chest) PSA VG-EX 4 - Only Two PSA-Graded Examples
· 1909-11 T206 Old Mill-Brown Ed Greminger (Factory 649 Overprint) PSA Authentic - A Fascinating & Unique Print AnomalyThe David Hall T206 Collection launches this July only on HA.com.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Eric Bradley, Director, Public Relations
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I appreciated very much your quick response to phone calls, the time you took to answer my questions and the efficiency of the whole transaction.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)