Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - July 24, 2019
Heritage Presents Special Vintage Sports Photography Auction Aug. 23Heritage Auctions offers rare and historic images, group leans heavily on Yankee legends
"Vintage photography might be the most dynamic subset of the sports collectibles marketplace right now," said Chris Ivy, Director of Sports auctions for Heritage Auctions. "The massive surge in pricing is a relatively recent phenomenon, and plenty of investors believe we're still quite early in the genre's growth."
As is the case in many sports collectibles auctions, Babe Ruth is expected to dominate the top of the results once the final bids are cast, with a rarely-seen 1919 Red Sox card and a glorious 1920 Yankees shot likely to compete for the top lot honors.
Also on tap is the Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Babe Bows Out" photograph from his 1948 Yankee Stadium farewell. Ruth's legendary sidekick, Lou Gehrig, appears in a highly-desirable "Luckiest Man" photo, while a fantastic rookie image of Mickey Mantle may set a new record for the "Commerce Kid."
Other highlights include:
· 1984 Michael Jordan Original Photograph from First NBA Game, PSA/DNA Type 1
· 1937 Ted Williams San Diego Padres Minor League Original News Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1
· 1934 Tour of Japan Original Team Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1
· 1927 New York Yankees Original News Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1
· 1955-56 Roberto Clemente Original Photograph by Don Wingfield, PSA/DNA Type 1
Now open for bidding, Heritage Auctions' Vintage Sports Photography Catalog Auction will end in extended bidding format Aug. 23 on Sports.HA.com/50017. Prior to the sale, Heritage's Summer Platinum Sports Collectibles Auction is expected to add more than $10 million to its hobby-topping sales when more than 600 elite lots close Aug. 17-18 on HA.com/50016.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Eric Bradley, Director, Public Relations
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage Auctions has consistently displayed unvarying kindness and knowledge. Its experts permitted me to profit from my hobby without ever treating my treasures solely in terms of their market value.View More Testimonials
[ Additional Handwritten Note » ]
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)