Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - August 29, 2019
Private Collection of Prominent Collector, Writer Featured in Heritage Auctions’ September Wine AuctionMark Golodetz' credits include Wine Enthusiast, World of Fine Wines
BEVERLY HILLS, California (August 29, 2019) — Mark Golodetz, a leading wine collector and writer for more than three decades, is offering 6,000 bottles from his personal cellar to collectors in Heritage Auctions' Wine Auction Sept. 20-21 in Beverly Hills, California. The event will be Heritage's largest multi-consignor auction ever presented, with more than 1,900 lots, with a low estimate for the sale at nearly $3 million.
Golodetz has been writing about wine and collecting for more than 30 years. A contributing editor and European correspondent for Wine Enthusiast magazine, he also has written for Bloomberg, World of Fine Wines and Art and Auction.
"The wines we're offering would be described as from an eclectic cellar," Golodetz said. "It features a strong selection of Bordeaux from the 1950s and '60s and '70s, and a lot of excellent Burgundy. There are plenty of choices for trophy collectors, but it also features some outstanding selections from 1962, which was an amazing vintage nobody pays much attention to."
Among the top Bordeaux offerings from the Golodetz Collection include, but are not limited to:
· Chateau Haut Brion 1959 Pessac-Leognan Bottle (12) (estimate: $20,000-28,000)
· Chateau La Mission Haut Brion 1929 Pessac-Leognan Bottle (3) (estimate: $12,000-15,000)
· Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1986 Pauillac Bottle (12) (estimate: $8,000-11,000)
Top Burgundy offerings from the Golodetz Collection include, but are not limited to:
· Clos St. Denis 1996 Dujac Magnum (5) (estimate: $12,000-15,000)
· La Tache 1996 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (2) (estimate: $7,000-9,000)
· Echezeaux 2009 du Dessus, C. Tremblay Bottle (12) (estimate: $6,000-8,000)
"This collection covers a really wide range," Heritage Auctions Senior Fine and Rare Wine Director Frank Martell said. "The Mark Golodetz collection is an absolute treasure trove for trophy hunters, collectors, drinkers and academics alike."
In addition to the Friday evening Signature selection of Golodetz' wines, there is a large and varied Non-Floor Session that will stream online offered in the back of the catalog, offering incredible bidding opportunities for buyers.
Several other important collections are featured in this sale, including a New World Cache from a repeat consignor and a large selection of rare Burgundy and California wines from a West Coast cellar.
Top offerings in the collection include, but are not limited to:
· Harlan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 Bottle (6) (estimate: $3,500-4,500)
· Bryant Family Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 Bottle (12) (estimate: $3,000-4,000) (estimate: $3,500-4,500)
· Schrader Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 Old Sparky Magnum (3) (estimate: $2,800-3,750)
The sale also includes another collection of nearly 300 lots, including:
· La Tache 1972 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Bottle (12) (estimate: $20,000-28,000)
· Chateau Petrus 1975 Pomerol Bottle (12) (estimate: $18,000-24,000)
· Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon 1971 Eisele Vineyard Bottle (1) (estimate: $1,600-2,000)
For more information about the more than 1,900 lots available in the sale, visit ha.com/5437.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Our participation in the Heritage Gallery Auctions on Friday and Saturday were very enjoyable, and we were impressed with every aspect of the auction operation.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)