Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - May 3, 2019
Rare New York Skyline Sketch and Signed Items By President Donald Trump Offered at AuctionSigned photograph with President Ronald Reagan, personal memo highlight group offered May 4-5 by Heritage Auctions
Offered in Heritage Auctions' Americana & Political Auction May 4-5 in Dallas, a group of six lots relating to the 45th United States President spans the professional to the personal.
Trump's skyline drawings are one of the President's most recognizable and popular collectibles. He has made a practice over the years of creating these original artworks, each similar yet distinctly unique, to be sold by worthy charities for fundraising. The striking example on offer is the most detailed example ever offered at auction. It was completed in gold Sharpie for a fundraising "Doodle for Hunger" auction held at Tavern on the Green. Proceeds went to the Capuchin Food Pantries, which feed the homeless. This is the only signed and dated drawing by Trump known to exist.
"In addition to signed items, this special collection also includes a private business letter, which gives us an inside look to the similarity between the entrepreneur's verbiage and many remarks heard from the President today," said Tom Slater, Director of Americana at Heritage Auctions.
In that 1986 typed letter, written by the leader of The Trump Organization and signed "Donald," he writes about the early (and cost-saving) completion of The Wollman Rink, a skating rink in New York City. True to his penchant for grand gestures, Trump excitedly explains the grand opening gala will include "the greatest ice skating stars ever assembled at one time."
A large, 14-inch by 11-inch color photo of Trump with the late President Ronald Reagan, is the only signed photo of Trump with Reagan known to exist, and stands as a unique pairing of these two conservative Republican Presidents.
Trump generously autographed keepsakes and mementos for fans well before he became president. On offer is a group of signed items for presidential memorabilia collectors:
· An official Major League baseball signed not only by President Trump, but also by Ivanka and Melania Trump. The ball is boldly signed, is in mint condition and will be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity. To date, it is also the only known signed baseball with those three signatures to come to auction.
· A rare copy of his classic book The Art of the Deal, signed not only by Trump but also by his first wife, Ivana.
· A Trump-signed business card, boldly inscribed "Best Wishes." This card presents a rare form of Trump's autograph, and signed business cards have always been collector favorites.
The special collection of personal and professional signed items by President Donald Trump is featured in Heritage Auctions' Americana & Political Auction May 4-5 in Dallas. Bidding is available at the live auction and worldwide bidding is available via HA.com.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Eric Bradley, Director, Public Relations
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Everyone was raving about the way it got the word out as well as how it generated so many pre-bids.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)