Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - May 27, 2021
Will You Win a $15,000 Charizard? Heritage Auctions Hosting Live Pokémon Box Break June 27 at Collect-A-Con in Frisco, Texas1999 Pokémon Unlimited Base Set Booster Box online pack auction kicks off June 1 leading to unique event
DOWNLOAD HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGES
DALLAS, Texas (May 27, 2021) — It's time to catch 'em all — live.
"Who knows what will be discovered?" said Joe Maddalena, Executive Vice President at Heritage Auctions. "Nothing would make us happier than if one lucky bidder walks away with a card worth $15,000 or more."
Collectors get in on the action by casting a bid any of 36 sealed packs June 1-15 on HA.com. Packs will be offered at no minimum bid from a box valued between $20,000 and $25,000.
The break, hosted by Gary "King Pokémon" Haase, Maddalena and DFW Pokémon team members, will be streamed live at 1 p.m. CST. The live stream will be available to view through the DFW Pokémon Facebook Page.
"At least 12 of these 36 packs will have the highly sought-after hologram cards, and bidders could pull a GEM MINT Charizard, Blastoise or Venusaur card — among the most valuable cards ever issued and now valued at thousands of dollars each," Maddalena said.
Each winning bidder will also receive a VIP package comprised of:
• A VIP badge to the two-day Collect-A-Con convention, with on-stage access to participate in the box break
• A Collect-A-Con official T-shirt
• A personal meet-and-greet with Gary "King Pokémon" Haase, who owns the world's leading trading card collection, estimated at $20 million, and a private catered lunch with all auction winners
• Free grading of one card by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), featuring a unique pedigree label from the "Collect-A-Con Box Break"
Scheduled June 26-27, Collect-A-Con's two-day convention and trade show features more than 300 dealers and vendors showcasing collectible trading cards, sports cards, comic books, video games and vintage toys.
Visit HA.com/43151 for more details behind the auction and Collect-A-Con's website for information on the convention.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Heritage also enjoys the highest online traffic and dollar volume of any auction house on earth (source: SimilarWeb and Hiscox Report). The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has more than 1,400,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
For breaking stories, follow us: HA.com/Facebook and HA.com/Twitter. Link to this release or view prior press releases.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
With all these; friendly people, highly professional staff, superb web site makes you a winner.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)