AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE: An exceptional example of Frank Lloyd Wright's late work, the legendary Norman Lykes Home near the Phoenix Biltmore is an incredibly well-preserved collectable. The Lykes, or the "Circular Sun House" was designed shortly before the completion of Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim Museum. It was the last residence Wright ever designed.
Masterfully designed to weave in and around the natural landscape, the Lykes home is constructed of concrete blocks colored to blend with the boulders surrounding it. The innovative construction on the edge of the Phoenix Mountains Preserve creates an excellent living environment and captures the ever-changing patterns of light and shadow as the sun travels across the canyon.
- Main residence 3095± sf
- 3 bedrooms, 3 baths
- Private 1.3+ acre lot with gated driveway
- Spectacular views over Palm Canyon and across the valley
- Philippine mahogany handcrafted throughout
- Master suite with balcony and canyon views
- Private second-story office with 360-degree views
- Garden terrace pool lined with mother of pearl
- Mid-century modern furnishings are included
- Just a mile from the Biltmore
All bidders are required to pre-qualify for each property auction by submitting proof of guaranteed funds. Bids will only be accepted in person or by phone, and online bidding will not be available. For more information or to pre-qualify to bid, please call 855-261-0573 or email LuxuryEstates@HA.com.
Friday, October 11 -- Monday, October 14 | 1 PM -- 4 PM
Wednesday, October 16 | 11 AM -- 1 PM
Live Auction on Site
Wednesday, October 16 | 2 PM
Click any of the images below to view them larger.
You can use the left and right arrows on your keyboard to browse through the images.